Monday, August 13, 2012

Sock Put Medal Ceremony


I’m proud to say, I have completed the Sock Put competition for the third annual Ravellenic Games!



Modeled by my beautiful sister, you can see the full extent of the Soft Waves pattern from the Toe-Up Two-At-A-Time Socks book by Melissa Morgan-Oakes.  I love how the cabling looks almost like braids!



I wanted to ensure a loose bind off, so I tried the sewn bind off for the first time, and was happy with it.  It turned out fairly stretchy, but the edging is not very consistent.  I’m looking forward to experimenting with further bind offs in future.



The Olympics’ time limit was an excellent motivation to complete my first pair of socks in a timely fashion, and I’m already planning my second pair!

The Completion Medal in Sock Put Goes To......



SOFT WAVES!



No comments:

Post a Comment